Have you been arrested and charged with a DUI in Florida? Facing DUI charges can be an extremely trying and emotionally taxing experience. This may even be your first encounter with criminal charges. The prospect of lawyers, courts, and fines can seem awfully intimidating. At Finebloom and Haenel, our DUI Defense attorneys help clients to cope with the stress that can accompany DUI charges every day. If you find yourself charged with a DUI in Florida, here are a few things you can do to ease the pressure:
- Research a few DUI Defense attorneys and schedule meetings with them. An attorney experienced in DUI Defense will be able to explain the consequences of your case and options that lie before you. Obtaining a few different perspectives from qualified legal resources can provide tremendous peace of mind.
- Attend an alcohol abuse support group. Give the alcohol abuse support groups a chance. Sure, you may very well not have an alcohol problem. However, these groups can offer tremendous support from people who have gone through the same things that you’re experiencing. Even if the court doesn’t order you to attend, it is always better to speak with people who can relate to your situation.
- Speak with a work crisis outreach counselor or a school counselor. If you are a college or even a high school student, you can discuss the emotional effects of a DUI with a counselor. Many employers provide their employees with a crisis support resource hotline. These programs are designed to offer support to employees who are experiencing personal difficulties or legal troubles – to include DUI.
- Talk with friends & family members. Once you’re ready, don’t be afraid to share the news with the people closest to you. Chances are you have a close friend or family member who has gone through the same thing. You’re not the first person to be charged with a DUI and people are often surprised by the advice and empathy that someone close to them is able to offer.
- Complete any court ordered programs. If you’re ordered to complete community service, jail time, special classes and/or alcohol counseling, go and complete the assignment as instructed. View this time as a new opportunity to connect with others and move your life forward. Many of these programs are designed to help and enrich the lives of those assigned to them. Every little step helps to avoid making the same mistake twice.
- Continue with any classes or rehabilitation program even after the DUI charge clears. Even after your license is reinstated and you feel like things are getting back to normal, consider sticking with classes, support groups, or the alcohol abuse program. This may help you avoid DUI in the future and may even provide you with a helpful emotional support structure.
DUI Defense Attorneys Serving the State of Florida
Finebloom & Haenel P.A. knows how difficult facing DUI charges can be. You need an experienced legal team on your side that understands your rights and will fight for you. Our lawyers will work on your behalf so that facing the consequences of you DUI is no more difficult than it needs to be. You have enough to worry about already, let the law office of Finebloom and Haenel evaluate your DUI case today. Contact our office today for a free case evaluation 1-800-FIGHT-IT