This is the third post in a series about dealing with a DUI charge. The first two posts were about dealing with the stress of a DUI and tips on how to get through a DUI. In this post we will discuss a very important topic to anyone facing a DUI charge, hiring the best DUI lawyer for your case.
If you or someone you know has been charged with a DUI in Florida, it is imperative that you seek out legal counsel from a qualified DUI Defense lawyer. You may be unsure of the types of questions you need to ask or how to evaluate whether a DUI Defense attorney seems qualified to take on your case. The primary thing to remember is that you’ll want to provide yourself with options. Trust your gut instinct and go with a lawyer who makes you feel secure, informed, and confident in his/her experience and abilities. In order to get closer to that stage where you can make an informed decision, here is a list of general questions you should ask each lawyer:
- How long have you been practicing DUI Defense?
- Does your firm practice other areas of defense?
- Do you have experience working as a prosecutor?
- How many DUI cases have you taken to trial in the past 3 years?
- Will I have the same lawyer handling my case from start to finish and, if necessary, will this lawyer be the same person to represent me in court?
- How large is your case load?
- What is your firm’s policy for returning calls and responding to emails?
- What is your fee schedule or hourly rate?
- Do you have a good relationship with the prosecutor’s office?
- What can I expect to happen to me next
Finebloom and Haenel – Florida’s DUI Defense Attorneys
This is a basic set of questions that you should be able to ask any DUI Defense lawyer during your initial consultation. Their responses may vary and there is not necessarily any right or wrong answers. Rather, these questions will help serve as a guide for you to get an indication of your level of confidence in a particular law firm. If a lawyer is open and responsive and takes them time to explain the relevance of his/her response in comparison to other potential responses to your questions, chances are he/she may be the right attorney to represent you. It comes down to your level of comfort and confidence with any particular DUI Defense attorney.
The lawyers of Finebloom and Haenel are happy to answer these questions in addition to any more you may have. We’ve been helping defend those charged with DUI for several years. With over 20 years of courtroom experience, Finebloom and Haenel is proud of a proven record of successful outcomes for our DUI Defense clients. Call Finebloom and Haenel today to schedule a prompt evaluation of your case! 1-800-FIGHT-IT